[FoRK] Betting on the iPad

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Mon Feb 1 10:58:57 PST 2010

Hi all,

So with all the smoke and hot air blowing, I wanted to get some sort of objective metric of what people think will happen with the iPad.  I'm not savvy enough to setup a prediction market, so I figured we could just place some bets.

For example, I'm willing to bet a $50 gift card to Kiva.org that the iPad will do to existing tablet and netbook computers what the iPhone and iPod did to their respective categories.  I'm open to discussions about how to quantify that (10 million in 18 months? 50 million in 24 months?).

Any takers (on either side)?

-- Ernie P.

P.S.  Yes, I work there, but I have zero insider knowledge.  I only know what I read in the papers, just like you.