[FoRK] An interesting offshoot from the iPad discussion

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 1 12:11:04 PST 2010

The iPad announcement has sent this guy in a different direction.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=30259&tag=col1;post-30259

On yet another tangent, is this personal/private/public cloud stuff all just Back To The Future? Why does the talk about clouds and virtualization and thin clients make me think we did all this with mainframes and minicomputers and we're just doing it all again for the third time? Or still doing the same thing with a slightly different mix of technologies? Am I wrong?  Significantly wrong?  How/Where am I wrong?

         ...ken...