[FoRK] Betting on the iPad

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:40:20 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar
> Help me out here -- I thought ePub *was* microformatted XHTML.

It's XHTML but not microformatted.  All the semantics that apps need
to be able to extract are in external config files written in XML.
And the XML itself is a gnarly bummer which is much harder to work
with than necessary.  The group that invented it seems to have not
known how to slim down to a reasonable complexity without losing
functionality.

MAF == Mozilla Application Format, which is pretty big for its
britches these days.