[FoRK] Two bits (for Ken, Sean)

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Feb 3 05:35:51 PST 2010

Re:  Sean's edge cases of SneakerNet usefulness...

Well, sure.  There are always the edge cases, and your argument is of
course valid for those.  I think the USENET think is folklore rather
than fact, but I have no proof of that;  but I've resorted to similar
in a couple of situations myself when nothing else would suffice.

You didn't dump that 700 gig on a thumb drive, though, did you? ;-)
But perhaps I'm picking nits re: the definition of removable media.

For such situations, I obtained a couple of these (different brand,
but same thing) a while back and have found them useful on occasion:

   http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-BlacX-eSATA-Docking-Station/dp/B001A4HAFS

jb