[FoRK] medical file

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Wed Feb 3 14:32:13 PST 2010

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
 > My wife's office has computers everywhere, but they all involve
 > breaking off from interacting with the patient to type into the
 > keyboard.

My doctor uses a pen to write on the face of the screen.  It appears to
convert what she writes to text.  The gadget doesn't even have a
keyboard.  The pen can be used like a mouse.

 > Sorry, I meant the software, not the hardware.  My (admittedly
 > limited) experience with traditional medical record software is that
 > they look like a tn3270 bad nightmare with a gazillion tiny fields,
 > which would be impossible to navigate on a tablet.  I'm hoping whoever
 > designed the software for that tablet-like device actually simplified
 > the UI to the point of being useful, which would be a great start..."

I have a call in to the doctors office IT department to see if they'll
tell me anything about the device.  If they won't I'll ask the doctor
when I see her in 2 weeks.

Peace
Marty Halvorson