[FoRK] Two bits (for Ken, Sean)

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:19:06 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:18 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> 4-8-drive NAS are still pretty portable.
>
> The sneakernet is particularly effective for a f2f
> darknet. Those HD rips typically don't come at >100 MByte/s
> over BitTorrent, with zero chances of legal nastygrams.

 I am shocked and appalled to think there are people in this world who
would load up  TBs of movies, music and isos of various sorts and
transport them to locations in their general vicinity for others to
...shudder...copy. It would seem this massive transfer of data should
be regulated to prevent the misuse and abuse. It is said poor Lars
Ulrich sheds a tear every time an illegal transfer is made.

-tom("wire recordings are killing the music biz" 1940's bumpersticker)higgins