[FoRK] Two bits (for Ken, Sean)

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 4 15:35:12 PST 2010

--- On Wed, 2/3/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Re:  Sean's edge cases of SneakerNet usefulness...
>
> Well, sure.  There are always the edge cases, and your
> argument is of course valid for those.

The problem is that if folks who think, or at least talk, like you convince manufacturers that removable media is definitely a Bad Thing and useless in any case, that eliminates the option for these "edge cases" where it is hugely useful.

Fortunately, there are enough people who find removable/attachable media useful for a variety of things that I doubt the manufacturers see it as just a bunch of "edge cases".

           ...ken...