[FoRK] Betting on the iPad

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sat Feb 6 21:08:28 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 08:58:43PM -0800, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> My gut is that the iPad is like the Lisa.  It won't move a lot of
> units by itself but products that are strongly influenced by it will.

Wot, are we due for a flood of walled-garden netbooks-without-keyboards?
And I suspect the Newton already played Lisa to the iPad/iPhone.

> A way to put this in a bet is that at time T the iPad and direct
> successors will sell less than X units but products that incorporate
> lots of ideas from it will sell more than X.

What matters is, does the iPad add fun to CoD:Zombies or whatever Appleoids
play instead of Trials HD?  Sure the screen's bigger, but is the experience
better for that?