[FoRK] the desi side of si (the swimsuit issue, that is)

khare at alumni.caltech.edu khare at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 10 12:24:29 PST 2010

Courtesy of Prof. Sree Sreenivasan of the South Asian Journalists Association (Dean of Student Affairs, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism)...

======

I told my wife when we were married 10+ years ago, "Anything you find on
my computer, it's research." This post falls under that clause.

Basically, there's nothing I wouldn't do for SAJA or our community,
including searching through the new Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue,
looking for South Asian connections. After years of making this supreme
sacrifice, I am happy to report on the following four items in this year's
issue.

* Sonia Dara becomes the first South Asian model to be featured in the issue.

* She and four three other models were shot in Rajasthan.

* The other South Asian connection is Maldives, which was another of the
locations and where the cover was shot.

* Four models in all were shot in the Maldives.

Links to the, um, articles (and perhaps photos and video) on SAJAforum at
http://bit.ly/sajasi

FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/sreetips
TWITTER: @sreenet - http://twitter.com/sreenet
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T