[FoRK] [tt] [wta-talk] The future of politics. Can politicians prepare society for the major technology challenges ahead? With Darren Reynolds.

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 10 14:41:47 PST 2010

--- On Tue, 2/9/10, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> We already have perfected, to a basic but workable extent,
> UAV and in-traffic driving automation capabilities.
> Imagine a slightly updated version of the Icon with those
> capabilities.

Recalling my recent post about our apparent inability to, and possible disinterest in, replacing or repairing some infrastructure that is critical to a particular segment of the global health care system (medical isotopes), I find it frightening that we would even contemplate putting in an automated driving system. The potential for carnage when, not if, we neglect it to death should be enough to kill it before it's born.

We can't even keep potholes filled in, never mind prevent them from occuring, fercrisake.

          ...ken...