[FoRK] Micropayments Part XXIII - arrrrrgh

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:50:50 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> They come and they go, the promise thats been around for
> years...Micropayments...this time its called Flattr
>
> http://flattr.com/beta/

I really can't trust any site that still goes with the "removal of
last vowel and try and end in 'r'" naming approach. Seriously, these
people need to get some damn originality, it's just embarrassing.

FWIW, the company I work for at the moment (though not for much
longer; soon to be seeking a job :P) could be considered to really
care about micropayments, (i.e. the core business of this app is to
accept payments for reasonably small amounts (< 20 dollars) over the
internet), yet none of these services really matter to us.

In the end, it's pretty trivial to debit a credit card, or organise
another scheme of payment. So I really can't bring myself to care, and
I think it will remain that way for a significant while.

But maybe this company isn't exactly in the "micropayments" range. I
don't know what values constitue that.

--
silky
  http://www.mirios.com.au/