[FoRK] Micropayments Part XXIII - arrrrrgh

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:21:01 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Bill Humphries <whump at mac.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:
>
> > http://flattr.com/beta/
> >
> > If I am parsing their video right...you budget a set amount each month
> > that you are able/willing to spend on the riches the intertubes has to
> > offer.....call this the Pool...during the month you are slicing that
> > Pool by the number of things you think worthy of a payment.
>
> See also:
>
> http://www.kachingle.com/
>
> "A challenger appears!"
>
> "Fight!"

On this basis, I've recently thought a nice idea for a website is one
where you can directly pay artists (music, paint, N-variety); thus if
you happen to aquire their produce in "some fashion" you can show your
appreciation by donating *directly* to them (not just going out and
buying their CD, or other such strategy).

It would be a fair effort to get this together, and may be against
some of their contracts anyway, but it's similar model to kachingle,
and, I think, not a bad idea.

Of course, the fact that more artists run their own independent labels
makes this less than necessary. Perhaps, then, it could be a site
where you don't donate to the artists themselves, but a charity of
their choosing.

--
silky
  http://www.mirios.com.au/

unpack backside upholder: caviler: sweepingly LEEK
flagpole-nonexistent hoggishly = passingly...