[FoRK] Our wonderfully advanced society

John Parsons bullwinklemouth at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 11 22:11:05 PST 2010

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> What's with that?? Have we suddenly become neanderthals
> that we cannot repair or replace what we have built and
> become dependent upon? What's next? Dams? Waterworks?
> Roads?

As we face the re-emergence of nuclear power and it's attendant issues
(probably necessary if we can't reduce energy demand), it behooves us to try
and learn from these incidents, rather than become complacently oblivious.
If the most prosperous and advanced nations on Earth can't run these things
competently and reliably, what hope is there for anybody to maintain a
positive outlook for modern society, never mind just nuclear power?

John