[FoRK] computer morphology

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:13:36 PST 2010

Real world, online world, screen world, Virtual, Reality.

Thing is this...when in history have this number of people had this
number of daily possible interactions with this potential horde of
humanity?

To be sure there is a difference between a meatspace gathering and an
online gathering, medium and message can be far more expansive online,
the numbers participating unbound by physical limitations of
location...but we here now this...we here do not think that is air we
are breathing here    in this place.

One could say that for smaller interactive gatherings the meatspace
has many advantages, mostly related the physical aspects. Playing
basketball in meatspace is vastly more physical than any online
representation, so to with sexual/sensual activities.

Those that would slag one for the other or to claim overall advantage
to one for all things over the other are missing some of the finer
points of both.

If you are of the mind that one is "ruining" your life in the other
then maybe you are simply seeing the world in a false
dichotomy....spitting the two from the one has caused many to forget
our whys and wherefores and often to forget the spark that has moved
us to greater things.

-tom(ebony and ivory here together in perfect...argggggggggggggghhhhhhh)higgins