[FoRK] Taco Party was Re: Jeff's cursing, oh the horrid cursing!

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:28:38 PST 2010

> George Carlin remains one of my all time favorites because of
> his biting social commentary, like the 7 Words in its day.
> He's not the most profane of comedians but he makes no
> effort to avoid it.

He's likewise one of my all time favorites.

You do realize he's dead, right?

Which brings to mind one of his jokes involving how we avoid speaking ill of
the dead.

Yeah, poor Bill, poor Bill is dead, yeah.
Poor Dave, yeah, poor Dave is gone now.
Ed, yeah, poor Ed is gone.
Dan?  That motherfucker is still alive, isn't he?

Ah, the thrill of being 13 and having my Mother drive me to see his show at
Painter's Mill Theatre.  Lord knows what crazy explanation I gave to justify
the attendance.  But man did I catch Holy Hell when she actually sat and
listened to one of the records I bought at the show....  Good times.

I'm just supremely pissed he went and fucking died on me just before I
bought tickets to the Kennedy Center tribute.  That'll teach you, if you
want to see someone's show... just go, now, before they drop dead.  The
upside was the wife giving me the boxed DVD set of his shows.  Ah, the joys
of handbrake and 1.5TB drives...

--Bill