[FoRK] Human behavior is 93% predictable

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 4 19:28:52 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 3/4/10, J. Andrew Rogers <andrew at ceruleansystems.com> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2010, at 8:06 AM, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo wrote:
> >> Computers are still run by humans to further human goals,
> >> for now.
> >>

> > Of course. That's what has me puzzled. If we humans
> are blind to these patterns how would we be able to exploit
> them?
>

> Eh? Computers have been computing things that are
> intractable to brains for a long time. Humans can do the
> math but you need computers to apply it.

Okay, stay with me here. You said:

"Computers will see all manner of exploitable pattern that humans do not and those abstract patterns are very difficult for humans to reason about in the context of the overall model. "

If the humans managing the computers can't see or reason about those abstract patterns how can they figure out how to exploit them?

       ...ken...