[FoRK] Misunderestimating "The" Tea Party

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Sat Mar 20 20:32:49 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Damien asks:
>
>  Since, in the mists of time, we started of with multiple smaller "units of
> aggregation", and in every region, without fail, those smaller "units of
> aggregation" aggregated into larger and larger "units of aggregation",
> would
> you say that the exploration space has been explored and larger units of
> aggregation were found to be better than small ones?
>
> I've actually drafted a response that treats this question seriously, but
> before I post it I really must ask...  Damien, do you really, honestly
> believe any reasonable person who really thinks about the actual question
> (i.e., the question of exploration of the space, not the question of what I
> would say about it) could answer "yes"?  I.e., do *you* believe that the
> answer to whether the space has been well-explored and larger units found
> better than small ones is "yes"?

The proof is in the pudding - we know that there were smaller units of
aggregation all across the world, city-states are one example. We observe
the world around us, and except for a few examples such as
Monaco, Lichtenstein, Hong Kong, Singapore, and a few others, they no longer
exist. The reasons vary - but the image of the Roman Fasces comes to mind.
"Strength through Unity".

You can dissagregate all you like, but me and my mates are going to
aggregate the fuck up, then come over and take your women and break your
stuff, and there's nothing you can do about it because no libertarian
quacking can beat the raw organisational power and glory of a gazilion boots
marching in lockstep. Hell, we might even be munificent enough to allow you
to go on with your libertarian ways, but you better pay your taxes or we
will fuck your shit up.

Aggregators built the pyramids, put men on the moon, build
continental highway systems, hoover dams, and many of humanities
greatest achievements, while the best libertarians have to offer is hiding
out in the woods with the Unabomber, scratching out crazed diaries for
future civilisations to study