[FoRK] What the hell just happened?

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Tue Apr 6 19:05:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> The above sums up my reaction to the **thing that shall not be
> named** after having it a few days now.

You've been sucked into the vortex. The space around you has been bent. Your
former relatively steady grip on reality has been loosened, probably by some
cheap chinese hot-melt outgassing from the sides of your **thing that shall
not be named**.

A year from now, it might still be being used for something. Maybe reading a
book, or curling up and watching a transcoded AVI downloaded from some
piratical website or another.

Your one-year-older self will look back on your one-year-younger self and be
filled with the urge to bitch slap yourself for having been caught up in the
Jobsian hype and telling yourself that this thing will fill some perceived
void in your life. Your one-year-older self will look at himself and see the
same gaping voids.