[FoRK] What the hell just happened?

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:48:02 PDT 2010

If the rock came with the same litigious bagage as the recent spat of
Apple devices, if that rocks use was tied to a set of methods that
could only be expanded upon by approval of the Rock Company Inc , if
the approved methods of that rock being approved by the Rock Company
Inc could and are revoked/modified at the whim of the Rock Company
Inc....then I would find that rock pretty dumb to use when there are
others rocks around not tied to such things.

The Rock Company...er I mean Apple Inc...might make great hardware,
software and all that but if it ties it all down with the same
limitations   as I  mentioned above then that hardware and software is
not useful. Support of it implies support for those practices that
make it not useful...that millions do support it does not make it any
less so....masses of people have been historically known to act
against their own best interest. Heck millions still use Microsoft
crud even though it is proven beyond any doubt to be harmful to the
user and drenched in all sorts of legal ick.

You want to be on that side of history....have at it. I thought the
idea was to Think Different.....at this point I would settle for
people just thinking.

-tom(Jeffs hangover is going to be a doozy...I am so glad we have the
archives not only to shove his own craptastical spew back at him but
the warnings others posted about it before hand....oh its to laugh and
almost makes me want to read this folder more frequently (insert
Godfather III scene here))higgins