[FoRK] What the hell just happened?

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Wed Apr 7 09:09:59 PDT 2010

> Flash would be nice, but they're taking a political stand --- and
> one on the basis of openness, for once.  They do that
> occasionally, but less frequently than I'd like.

I'm under the impression that the decision was made to maintain their tight
control over application development.  If iPhones and iPads ran flash, well,
you could skip the whole app store thing completely.

I'm looking forward to the Android based pads coming out later this year; I
hear that Flash 10 will be supported right from the chip.  They probably
won't be as sexy, but they might be cheaper, and

um

more open :)

MEC