[FoRK] Clarifications and expansions... Re: What the hell just happened?

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:21:27 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Sebastian Hassinger
<shassinger at gmail.com> wrote:
 Totally agree. When evaluating an iPad, people on this mailing list
should take a deep breath and say out loud "this was not designed for
me."

I think the point that keeps getting glossed over with the "oh its a
harmless consumer appliance" is the tie in to the locked down app/os
channel. I would not give this to my Mom to use for the simple reason
it does her a disservice as a customer. Tech issues aside, Apple has
shown itself to be consumer hostile. Locking down markets is not tech
innovation or a roll out of the good will of the one true Steve....it
is simply Apple out doing Microsoft at its own game. That Apple is
being the next MS tells volumes about the corporate culture, its aims
and the folks who support it.

This list should know better.

-tom(shinny baubles and magpies..oi)higgins