[FoRK] Clarifications and expansions... Re: What the hell just happened?

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Apr 8 03:09:42 PDT 2010

Tom says:

> Again Mr Beck, I redirect you from your oft reused talking points and
> back to the topic. Take some more meds if you need, we can wait for
> the attention to phase back in.

Huh?

Tom, if you can't see that we're agreeing at least as much as we're disagreeing about fundamentals, and that I'm simply trying to point out the incorrectness and futility of your equation "closed = dangerous = fail."  iPhone came from nowhere to become the #3 smartphone in market share worldwide, with its share growing while Symbian (another closed system, though not pursuing the "channel" business) and Blackberry (another closed system) are shrinking....  if you can't see the point I'm making through those opaque anti-Apple VR goggles, then I'd say you're the one in need of a dose of attention meds.  "Oft reused talking points" indeed, though not mine.

Tech politics is one thing;  market response another.  Often they are inversely correlated relative to what we might expect.

Now what do we do about it.

jb