[FoRK] Other views of the iPad

Russell Turpin russell.turpin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:36:43 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
> I will note for the record that despite *me* making this very case
> to Russell numerous times for years, he was a late and reluctant
> entrant into the actual cell phone space. ...

I give you full credit for the point.

One of the reasons I was a late entrant to the cellphone space was
precisely that my pilot was so long my "one device," and imposed on
future devices the requirement to carry contact information forward.
There also was biting off the cost of paying a monthly service fee.
But I long ago moved to phones and left my Palm behind. And last year
bought an unlocked Nokia N82, because of another brutal fact: the
camera you have with you all the time is your most important camera.
Unlocked, because I'm not willing yet to bite off on the monthly cost
of data services.

All that said, I'm glad to see all the efforts in the portable devices
that aren't meant to be pocketable, because the I expect the
technology to move down.