[FoRK] Clarifications and expansions... Re: What the hell just happened?

Paul Jimenez pj at place.org
Fri Apr 9 08:16:43 PDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 06:37 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:
> Similar concerns;  underscoring Zittrain and Felten, pointing out the irony re: the Mac 1984 commercial.  The revolutionary has become the establishment.

I think Felten hit the nail on the head wrt not just the iPad but the
whole close Apple ecosystem with his Disneyland metaphor at
http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felten/ipad-disneyland-computers .

My takeaway is:  The iP(ad/hone) is Disneyland: shiny and pretty but
ignore the man behind the curtain and fer gossakes don't mistake the
plaster-on-chickenwire fairytale castle walls for a real load-bearing
structure.