[FoRK] Clarifications and expansions... Re: What the hell just happened?

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:00:57 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Dōgen asked:

First off, you come off more like Mr Magoo than Mr Miyagi with the
faux Basho shtick....

> Wherein reside uses, methods, and possibilities?  The tool... or the user?

The use is in the using.... for a tool unused is without use and a
useful tool made unusable is again useless.

Does the hand move the sword, is the sword moving the hand, do they
both follow the earth across its orbit?

You could say a tool has usefulness in potentia but if that tool is
made such that the potential is unreachable then you have bupkis.

Getting back to the rock imagery....does the rock sit waiting to be
tossed, does a tosssed rock wait to fall, if the rock's EULA disallows
flight would it be the same.

"Tour the world in a heavy metal band
But they run out of gas
The plane can never land
He wants a shoehorn, the kind with teeth
People should get beat up for stating their beliefs
He wants a shoehorn, the kind with teeth
Because he knows there's no such thing" TMBG

That you want your Apple Device not to have limitation and restricions
placed on it by the powers that be, wether you run up agianst them or
not, is nice and all but as with the shoehorn there is no such thing.
You use the device, you agreed to its tos and eula thus you are , if
you are able to admit to it or not, rendered unable to do those things
outlined in those agreements and documents. I have said this before,
the cage is a pretty one and you may have grown accustomed to it, it
is still a cage and the rat inside , while contented, is still caged.

Here, have a bit of third party cheese...oh wait, you are not
allowed....but thats ok because you really do not want the cheese
...do you...You wont miss its smooth creamy cheesiness because your
not allowed even want it in the first place. You will be happy with
the offical chese supplied to you. Good little rat.

> And Tom was enlightened.  One hopes.

Oh you crazy comic foil you. You do so hope I will shake this puddin
head see your light. Problem is I simply can not get the chains to
look as pretty and flowing as you do. Have not the years shown you
otherwise?

http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/mar99/0110.html

Heck even this guy made sense before he had an iPadcrackpipe problem
http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/mar99/0172.html

and then of course this gem of typographical mishigas
http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2001-July/001780.html

"Remeber, tools to a job, not jobbing to a tool."

Of course all this was written of in the Wholey of Wholies

http://ifindkarma.com/attic/LOCAL/faq-fork.html
"Any post (now this is the tricky part) saying how stupid Apple is, is
allowed. Bashing Apple is not. It's sort of like talking about the
dumb guy. We can talk about how stupid he is, but given that fact,
making fun of him is just mean and can't be tolerated."

So to recap, your milage with the restrictions placed on you do not
ruin the cut of your suit...others are hung differently. Chaffing is a
bitch me boyo, chaffing is a bitch.

-tom(smudge smudge smudge)higgins