[FoRK] Alex eReader shipping now

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Thu Apr 15 07:45:34 PDT 2010

> Bill Stoddard:
>
> I might add "any e-Ink eReader"... but generally agree with the comment.
>
> Bill

When you buy a Kindle, you aren't buying just the e-reader, you're buying
the GSM access to the Amazon library, which include tons of free shit to get
you hooked.  Most any book, any time, anywhere.  My business partner reads
and buys book sitting in his tree stand at his hunting camp.  My wife
doesn't even have to get out of bed when she's finished reading a book, to
skim their free selections and start on her next.  She loves the fact that
she can read the beginning of most any book in the Amazon Library or even
get the first set of most series for free.  It's like their selling crack,
and she's buying.

It might be the crappiest looking e-reader out there, but that's not what
they're selling, man.

They're selling crack.

MEC