[FoRK] The problem with Ogg...

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sun May 2 09:40:47 PDT 2010

My kneejerk was, wtf is he on about now? But upon reflection I agree. I'm still using MP3 (Lame) for my own audio compression needs. Why? I had to ask myself that after reading Jeff's rant. And the answer was a little startling: The name Ogg Vorbis has actually kept me from bothering to look to see if there's anything better there.

No analysis. No justification or rationalization. Just an unthinking reaction. Saw the name, never looked further. Interesting....

       ...ken...