[FoRK] seen shebang in fragments?

Rohit Khare khare at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon May 3 00:20:38 PDT 2010

I saw this old post http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0253
  on the history of # -- very well written stuff!

A few weeks ago I was joking around with some Twitter folk about
inventing the shebang tag for making tweets that did stuff, you know,
so you can tweet in perl :)

And then I saw this, which I guess must have been big news a while
back; I encountered it in use on Facebook:
http://code.google.com/web/ajaxcrawling/docs/getting-started.html

that is, using #! to force a mapping onto GET parameters that are, in
fact, sent over the HTTP wire so they can generate a completely
different static-html representation for GoogleBot.

Fascinating thread... microsyntax evolves everywhere someone thinks
there's an unused character code ;)

Rohit