[FoRK] Is Obama Libertarians' Fault?

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Wed May 5 12:06:56 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Could it be that most self proclaimed libertarians are actually 'corporatists' (ie, government by and for corporations)?  Not taking any sides here, just sayin...

I'm always confused by this usage of the terms corporatist / corporatism. Isn't the technical meaning in political science quite different?

Arguably the term can refer to "government *by* corporations" but only for a very broad sense of "corporation" and certainly not in the sense of big business.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your underlying statement, only the term "corporatist".

James