[FoRK] Is Obama Libertarians' Fault?

Bill Stoddard wgstoddard at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:28:23 PDT 2010

On 5/5/10 3:06 PM, James Tauber wrote:
> On May 5, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>

>> Could it be that most self proclaimed libertarians are actually 'corporatists' (ie, government by and for corporations)?  Not taking any sides here, just sayin...
>>

> I'm always confused by this usage of the terms corporatist / corporatism. Isn't the technical meaning in political science quite different?

Yea, you're right.  Thanks for pointing it out.

"Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics" is in flight to my mail box at
this very moment.
<http://www.amazon.com/Capitalism-Chinese-Characteristics-Entrepreneurship-State/dp/0521898102/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273094242&sr=8-1>

Expect that over time, the US economic system will drift closer to that
of China, rather then the other way around (as most expect).  The link
between corporate interests and government will not be quite as apparent
in the US as it now is in China, but the link will be just as strong.  I
fear Libertarians will be the unwitting enablers.

</tin foil hat>