[FoRK] Fwd: Letter to Orange County Ca. newspaper

John Parsons bullwinklemouth at yahoo.ca
Sun May 9 20:51:08 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 5/10/10, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

[SNIP]
> Besides, Canada could buy
> their way in with oil and other natural resources at this
> point.  Or a working health care system.  ;-)

Surely you mean we could be bought or bribed to join... ;-)

Seriously (such as it is), what would Canada gain by joining the Union?
Except for "snowbirds", I'm not aware of any great influx of immigrants flocking south across your northern border. Now, bring back the draft, and *we'll* have the problem with illegals.

JP