[FoRK] Paper vs Digital maps -- tip of an iceberg?

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Sun May 30 20:33:53 PDT 2010

--- On Sun, 5/30/10, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> Have you used Google Earth with a Space Navigator[1]?

Nope, but I don't have to in order to get it. You make essentially the same points as Jeff: certain form factors/user interfaces work better with certain use cases.

So it's probably not wise to toss out certain form factors/user interfaces until the use cases go away and are unlikely to ever return. And that we make the judgement of their gone-ness with no-return probability through reason not ignorance because we've never seen them.

> There will likely be some way to simulate having such a
> monitor, or larger, or the experience of seeing in real
> life.  In fact, I think I just invented a way to do
> that just now.  I'll have to see if Sony's interested
> unless someone else let's me know they are interested in
> helping me patent and license it before Tuesday.  (Yea,
> probably this idea's not novel.  However, nothing like
> it seems to be on the market yet.)

Best of luck! Glad I could get the creative juices flowing. ;-)

         ...ken...