[FoRK] Hey AT&T... FU

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Jun 2 08:12:13 PDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 9:27 AM, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>
>> Cf.
>>

>>  http://www.pcworld.com/article/197755/atandt_pulls_the_plug_on_its_unlimited_data_plans.html
>
> That is... spectacular. Almost makes me think that they have
> assurances from Apple that Apple won't be going to Verizon, or else
> that would qualify as one of the shorter but more effective corporate
> suicide notes in history.
>
>> PPS:  Also, Apple: fuck Bing. It is a non-working piece of shit. Safari on
>> the iPhone is barely functional as-is, but at least it gets search default
>> right. If you ACTUALLY do THAT deal, I will be forced to write a browser.
>> Again. And dammit, I don't want to do that. (Though thanks for making that
>> so much easier this time around.)
>
> Easier? But you said earlier you don't have a jailbroken iphone?

Gave it a whirl early on w/ the gen-one phone, didn't do it with this last phone due to early instabilities (in Safari, mostly) on the broken phone, may reconsider.

But a different browser doesn't imply jailbreak.  There are alternative browsers in the app store.  Apple, apparently, paid attention to the previous round of legal issues in that general vicinity, i.e. learned from others' mistakes.

$0.02,

jb