[FoRK] Hey AT&T... FU

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jun 2 10:56:17 PDT 2010

On 6/2/10 7:19 AM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Cf.
>

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/197755/atandt_pulls_the_plug_on_its_unlimited_data_plans.html

> Speaking of that... When you came and dug up a flowerbed in my front
> yard in an easement last year to lay some apparently-still-dark fiber,
> w/o so much as a door hanger's worth of notice and w/o any effort to
> even minimally remediate the damage, you nicked an irrigation line.
> Turned part of my yard into a bog as it leaked 77,000 gallons of water
> into the ground in a month. The thousand-ish bucks it cost to repair
> the line, fix the lawn and flowerbed and to pay that month's water
> bill wasn't worth my time to pursue. Then.
>
> Think maybe I'll have my lawyer send you a nice invoice for that
> fiasco along with a nasty letter, now.

Lawyer?  Seriously?  Did this guy even try to call them up to get them
to take care of it?
At my house in Virginia, Verizon cut through my irrigation system
several times, or rather their contractor did.  They always fixed it
with little hassle.  And they either used the ground slicer style of
cable pull or the directional side boring which didn't really cause any
other yard damage.