[FoRK] Hey AT&T... FU

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jun 2 11:06:43 PDT 2010

On 6/2/10 9:43 AM, Michael Cummins wrote:
> Stephen Williams wrote:
>

>> I have been almost totally happy with Sprint for
>> something like 10 years.
>>
> I am pretty much in the same boat.  That being said if this is true:
>
> Adam Beberg wrote:
>

>> (This is clearly to preemptively kill
>> mobile videoconferencing, that it also
>> corrects a broken business model is just
>> bonus)
>>
> Then Sprint is moving in the opposite direction, because the new Sprint 4G
> HTC EVO (Jun 4) has a front facing camera for video conferencing.
>
> - MEC

I'll be in line early in the morning on June 4th for 2-3 of those on my
account.  I was just about to sign up for Google IO when they sold out,
or I'd have one already...  I'm still debating whether to use one as a
replacement for my 3G usb modem / Wifi hotspot or just use a single
phone for both functions.  In WiMax land, you can do both at the same
time, however I use it mostly when traveling when that will be
occasionally available.

And I'm doing Android programming right now, and I've written scalable,
resilient video conferencing systems before.  Specifically, I created a
system (in 1997-8) that worked with the "network" to determine the
framerate / bandwidth parameters that were compatible with peak usage.
Hmm...