[FoRK] Chart of the Day...

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 7 19:57:19 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 6/7/10, owen at permafrost.net <owen at permafrost.net> wrote:

> > You are clearly still not paying attention. You work
> for them instead of the other way around because they are
> doing something different and/or differently than you are.
> Sure, they may be working harder but that's not usually the
> difference (unless you are truly a slacker).
> >
> >         ...ken...
>
> Well, I don't really want to share my nightmare too much.
> Currently I'm a Canadian immigrant in the US, which basically means by law I have to work for someone else, until I get a green card.
> Owen

No need for personal stuff. Yes, regulations require you to work for someone else. They do not require that you work for bozos. Or - respectfully - are you so good that any boss would be a bozo? Or in such a restricted field that the opportunities to avoid bozo bosses is severely limited?

The regulations also do not restrict you from seeking promotion, which brings us right back to my original comment ... simply working harder is almost never a recipe for advancement.

Or you could simply move back to Canada. At least out west here, there are loads of opportunities to become a soloist. Or a chief bozo.

         ...ken...