[FoRK] Chart of the Day...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Jun 8 13:26:18 PDT 2010

Eugen Leitl wrote on 6/7/2010 4:54 AM:
> Anecdotally I've observed some young people don't see much point
> into becoming productive members of the society, and being
> taxed for the sins of their forefathers for their pains.
> So they more or less consciously choose to become slackers.

The amount to have to make to end up with more at the end of the day
then you get by doing nothing is rising. Taxes are going to rocket to
cover the debts (the politicians will have no choice) and the benefits
and handouts keep rising, and they already take half my stuff to give to
the poor. That number is now outside the reach of anyone without a
college degree, and forever beyond the 1/4 of students that dropout. For
those people working harder can only get them less, not more.

Slacker is no longer a bad thing, it's a viable and often wise career
choice in many parts of the world.

The Greek situation hasn't turned into a lesson, it's turned into a role
model. Retire at 55 and get paid forever... just like California :)

How pensions of ANY kind are not illegal Ponzi schemes (since they are)
are not illegal boggles the mind. Damn Boomers.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/