[FoRK] Chart of the Day...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Thu Jun 10 03:23:11 PDT 2010

Sean Conner wrote on 6/10/2010 12:17 AM:
>    So what happened to Greece?  Government run Ponzi scheme?  Or just a
> dismal return on falling demographics?
>
>    -spc (i.e. birth rate in Greece falling below replacement levels)

Simple, much like everything else lately, they required exponential
growth to keep going. The modern women of Greece aren't having the 18 or
so children required of them to let everyone retire young while the
other 40% of the population works for the government.

Just looking at the numbers for debt and such, it's hard to tell Greece
and the USA apart. We just have the massive inflow of Mexican colonists
and if we get enough of them and their many children making $3/hour the
rest of us can retire on Social Security just fine right ;)

Don't worry, Ug99 or one of it's relatives will fix the problem soon.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/