[FoRK] Why is a carbon tax off the table?

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 10 21:08:55 PDT 2010

--- On Thu, 6/10/10, Damien Morton <dmorton at bitfurnace.com> wrote:

> With trading systems, someone decides who gets what rights-to-pollute, which
> can subsequently be traded for cash. Thats a lot of political clout.

You also get loads of traders who stand to get rich trading Still More fairydust.

Yeah, Jeff, I understand that they will fulfil their useful role of providing virtual warehousing and liquidity and all that stuff. It's still fairydust that they'll be trading. In this case, the right(s) to continue polluting.

       ...ken...