[FoRK] Chart of the Day...

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jun 11 06:52:24 PDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 7:15, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> Not enough, and may have undesirable side effects if the more-fit
> choose to under-procreate relative to the less-fit, cf. Caplan lately.

In the spirit of intellectual honesty I should admit that this begs
the definition of "fitness" and implies a fitness function somewhat
different from the purely biological measure usually employed.

Population ecology gets complicated when it involves self-aware
entities with non-immediate survival priorities and complex planning
abilities. :-/

jb