[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jun 11 12:58:43 PDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 14:26, "Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo"
<ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> As the article says, the cost of uranium is only a tiny factor in
> the cost of operating nuclear power plants and it is a plentiful
> substance even on land if we choose to go looking for more.
>
> Enlightenment, Jeff???

It's not plentiful ON land, it's plentiful under it.  Presently that
implies petrochemical inputs to get at it.  As those become scarcer,
the economics of getting it out of the ground become difficult.

The described process should be significantly more efficient and
scalable across a wider range of assumptions and a much longer
timeframe.

As for the waste, we already know what to do w/ it.  Many folks just
don't like the answers. At some point, inevitably, those answers will
become a lot more attractive.

Necessity simplifies certain otherwise difficult choices.

jb