[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Dave Kammeyer kammeyer at kammeyer.org
Fri Jun 11 14:11:22 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> http://peakoildebunked.blogspot.com/2006/01/207-uranium-from-seawater-part-1.html
>
> Btw, the above is ancient news and is NOT the process to which I was
> referring and to which paper I linked. Significantly different both
>  economically and technically.

OK, yes, this is the reason I am pro-nuke.  The studies show that the
cost of Uranium from seawater with this method are between $75-400/lb
of Uranium.  At the current price, $40/lb, Uranium contributes about
0.2 cents/kWh to electricity cost.  If that cost rose to the high end
of their estimates, electricity rates would increase by about 20% --
big whoop.  If this is the gloom and doom scenario, I am even willing
to take a few Chernobyls...