[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jun 11 14:55:28 PDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 16:11, Dave Kammeyer <kammeyer at kammeyer.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>> http://peakoildebunked.blogspot.com/2006/01/207-uranium-from-seawater-part-1.html
>>
>> Btw, the above is ancient news and is NOT the process to which I was
>> referring and to which paper I linked. Significantly different both
>> economically and technically.
>
> OK, yes, this is the reason I am pro-nuke.  The studies show that the
> cost of Uranium from seawater with this method are between $75-400/lb
> of Uranium.

Wrong method.

Again, you are failing (like Eugen) to account for the scaling
effects. This ain't your daddy's seawater-U extraction.

As for the physical plant costs, Eugen makes a fair point.  But we are
making progress on that front, too.  Probably a decade to order-
magnitude cost efficiency increases, absent social and related
economic friction.

jb