[FoRK] Chart of the Day...

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Fri Jun 11 16:30:22 PDT 2010

It was thus said that the Great Jeff Bone once stated:

> It would be a major coup if we could merely feed everbody adequately
> today... And that's not likely to get easier tomorrow without some
> breakthroughs in energy, etc. --- which we may no longer be able to
> invest in sufficiently before it's too late.

  And here I thought that world hunger was more of a poltical problem (in
that kleptocratic thugs that rule third world countries keep food from
getting to their own people [1]) than a technical inability to grow enough
food (in the Western industrialized nations).

  -spc (Want to cut down on population?  Industrialize the world!)

[1]	Or at least food from people that might otherwise oppose them
	poltically.