[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Jun 11 22:25:01 PDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 18:40, Sean Conner <sean at conman.org> wrote:

>    1. We have a lot of coal in this country.  It contains Thorium,

+1, thorium very good, and *very* small, cheap, and safe Th reactors
are essentially a done deal.

It is rather costly in terms of inputs to get, but not much more than
host coal itself.

Everybody's picking at this solution or that one... Don't get me
wrong, there is no silver bullet.  These are all just tools, no
universal hammers.  We will need them all.

The point has also been made that all these are temporary measures.
That is if course true as well.  As are means to control growth of
both population and, if possible, expectation.

Got to keep that gerbil wheel spinning indefinitely.

$0.02,

jb