[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Reese howell.r at inkworkswell.com
Sat Jun 12 11:06:11 PDT 2010

On 12-Jun-10 02:05, Stephen Williams wrote:

> You mean like the not-in-my-backyard'ers in Nevada who don't want
> nuclear "waste" buried deep in a mountain?
> Where we can get to deep bedrock with no real water table invasion and
> mixing problem, we have all of the safe storage we could want. It's dumb
> not to use it unless there are clear, scientific dangers.

If you mean the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository, I can't think
of a single reason not to build and store very nasty radioactive waste
in containers that can't be given realistic storage lives of +10,000
years, let alone 100 years, in close proximity to a fault line.

http://www.google.com/search?q=nevada+earthquakes

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/

A 4.3 just a couple of hours ago. Drivel, build anyway!

Reese(trying to be dumb enough)