[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Jun 15 07:59:35 PDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 8:44, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> A little machine-phase, and solar panels grow like trees.

Actually, this is an excellent idea. In fact, do we even need the
machine phase? Is that merely your gap-bridging strategy?

I count it a profound failure of imagination on my part that this
wasn't obvious to me. ;-)

Still not sure it works in time w/o impractical levels of funding and
commitment, absent supplementary means, but... Yeah, let's do that.

Doesn't invalidate the bet, tho. Ain't gonna happen by 2020;  neither
will crossover. IMHO, of course.

This is one of my "would love to be wrong" things...

best,

jb