[FoRK] Malthusian machinations

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 16 16:30:45 PDT 2010

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> >> ...the ecosystem is a corner we've already turned and cannot un-turn.
> >>

> > YeahBut. Does that mean we should just keep making it
> worse? Push it to the tipping point (wherever that is)?
> >

> This assumes that it's a bad thing in itself.  It's
> not;  no tool is inherently "good" or "bad."

YeahBut...

> ...  It's not without risks, but I think
> the certain existential risks in NOT pursuing it outweigh
> any possible mitigating concerns.

Even when it's mostly in the hands of profit-motivated folks with no ethics and minimal accountability? Due to the whole motherhood issue of feeding the starving kiddies in the Third World, there is as little moral hazard associated with risk-taking in GM today as there is in the financial industry. Or the energy sector.  In my view.

If there was some moral hazard involved I would be with you in the cheering section. However....

         ...ken...