[FoRK] Closing funny bits, was Re: Malthusian machinations

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 16 16:59:54 PDT 2010

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2010, at 10:18 PM, "Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo" <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > --- On Tue, 6/15/10, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> ..... (Insert handwave here.) When oil hits say
> 200 / barrel and supply chains start to crumble, maybe less
> so.
> >>

> > Eugen is looking for the trigger. That's the trigger.
> But it's not just the price. The price has to be based on
> genuine supply shortage *and* it has to last. It can't be a
> blip like in the 70's and more recently.
>
> Agreed.  Cf. "Peak X" for a variety of Xs.
>
> Based on your quoting of at least one "peak oil myth" site
> I assume that you don't believe peak oil is imminent much
> less has already occurred.  ....

 ???  Acckkkkk!!!   ????

I did???

It must have been either in jest or ....??? I can't think of any other reason.

I do believe in peak [many Xs]. And I believe there's a very good chance that peak oil is either imminent or past.

Re the rest of the yada-yada: singing to the choir. Minor nits but nothing of consequence. I'm still puzzled how you missed that. Or what I've said somewhere/somewhen to mislead.

Re the markets pricing things in .. this has been one major source of my ongoing mistrust of anything related to "free market" fairydust. When it comes to e.g. environment or resources almost none of the things that matter are priced in.

         ...ken...