[FoRK] Closing funny bits, was Re: Malthusian machinations

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Jun 16 22:35:33 PDT 2010

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 16, 2010, at 10:37 PM, "Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo" <ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I say this with respect, Aaron, because I agree with the rest of what you said. "Externalities" in this context is pure unadulterated bullshit. It's the crap that those who loudly espouse "free markets" or "fair markets", and who honestly want neither, excrete when they are trying to avoid any form of restriction on their activities.

I say this with respect, Ken, because I agree with the rest of what you said.  Your invective about "externalities" is pure unadulterated bullshit.  It's the crap that those who fear a boogeyman called "anarchy" or it's evil twin "out of control capitalism" loudly spout when any suggestion is made favoring decentralized economic non-authoritarianism.  As you so readily admitted in one message tonight ("fairy dust") --- and this is a too-common malady these days in general with most folks --- you're so stuck on the obvious failures of such a system to address things that it isn't even intended to address that you fail to see at all.  You fail to see the preponderance of successes, the inadequacies of the present alternative, or the false dichotomy that says it's one or the other.

Give the Michael Moore BS a rest, okay?  And yeah, that's as fair a statement as calling me a corporatist or rabid Randite despite all evidence ton the contrary.

> This is Spaceship Earth.

Yes, and sorry:  the masses aren't qualified to pilot it.

Kumbaya, MFs.

;-)

jb